Senior / Principal Civil Engineer
Oxfordshire Office (Didcot)
This is a permanent position within our Civil Engineering team
This team undertakes the following tasks
- Site appraisals, feasibility studies and pre-application planning advice
- Design of roads, drainage, retaining walls, bridges and earthworks
- Production of pre-planning reports, including Flood Risk Assessments, Foul Drainage & Utility Assessments and Phase 1 Geo-Environmental Appraisals
The team is highly motivated and committed to the delivery of successful projects for our clients. This ethos has resulted in an expanding workload and the requirement for another capable and experienced engineer. A suitable candidate will enjoy their work and the challenges provided by our clients.
Relevant skills & experience
- Qualified to a minimum of degree level in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 6 years’ post-qualification experience in civil engineering design
- Experience in the use of industry-standard design software packages, such as MicroDrainage
- Experience in the use of AutoCAD for drafting design solutions
- Experience dealing with clients and other members of the professional team
- Experience dealing with adoption agreements for roads and drainage
- An ability to speak clearly, confidently, professionally and convincingly at meetings and on the telephone
- An ability to write clear and concise e-mails, letters and reports
- Good commercial awareness
- An ability to work well with others as part of a team
A Senior / Principal Civil Engineer will ordinarily undertake the following tasks
- Take a global view of infrastructure issues for new development and advise clients accordingly
- Prepare outline and detailed designs of road and drainage infrastructure, junction alterations and new services
- Produce technical and pre-planning reports on flood risk, drainage, utilities and geo-environmental issues, and / or check reports produced by others
- Liaise with clients, project teams and local authorities
- Enhance and promote the image of Glanville Consultants by their actions
Remuneration and training
The company will provide a competitive salary, a contribution towards a personal pension scheme (up to 5% of salary) and professional membership fees, which are paid for one organisation. The company contributes to regular social events and encourages involvement with our nominated charities.
Glanville has a friendly and supportive working environment, including flexible working hours, which has resulted in good morale and a low staff turnover. The company has a strong commitment to training ranging from ‘on the job training’ in new software and design techniques to training programmes for Chartered status and external short courses.
Glanville’s breadth of skills and experienced staff creates an excellent environment for new staff to undertake varied and rewarding tasks and expand their knowledge and skills.
Glanville has been listed as an NCE100 company, in recognition of the role that we play in driving the industry forward, increasing productivity, driving cultural change and delivering for society in the UK and beyond.